Learning Objectives for Scenario 1 (First 15 minutes)
- List the neonatal and maternal health complications associated with suboptimal breastfeeding.
- Explain how much it costs to train hospital staff in clinical lactation.
- Elaborate how hospital staff training in clinical lactation will improve patient safety and care.
- Describe what the return on investment for the hospital would be if hospital staff were trained in clinical lactation
Learning Objectives for Scenario 2 (Last 15 minutes)
- Describe federal laws and regulations that employers must follow when a lactating mother returns to work.
- List why employee lactation support would affect employee satisfaction and employee turnover.
- Outline how to implement accessible lactation spaces throughout the hospital for hospital staff use.
- Explain why supporting hospital staff with their lactation needs will translate to better patient care.
Topics: Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative, breastfeeding and lactation advocacy, public health, hospital staff education in clinical lactation, lactation support and rooms for employees, 1uality improvement project, cost-effectiveness